“Is the purpose of a cookie pie so that you can eat the amount of 4 or 5 cookies at once and not feel bad about it?” -Katrina, my roommate
YES, Katrina! Absolutely yes!
I found this recipe online and had to try it! It’s a keeper, so I’m here to share it with y’all! I made ’em back in February, but I’m just now getting around to sharing…
What you will need:
- 1 cup + 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- About 1 cup of M&M’s
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cream butter and sugar
- Add in egg and vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking soda
- Mix into the butter/sugar mixture
- Fold in the M&M’s
- Put into a greased 9.5″ pie pan
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Cut into slices
Below are pics of part of my process!
I didn’t have a bag of M&M’s, but I did have them in a bunch of different places!
My candy dispenser…
A “pill” bottle full of M&M’s that my grandma gave me from when she was a leader at girl’s camp…
And a package of M&M’s from workshops I went to…
Here it is all ready to be baked!
And it’s done! Yum!
Look, I’m still making this deliciousness – this picture is almost 3 years after I originally posted this!
Now you go try…and let me know how yours turns out!
Here’s a few more recipes to try!